Ready to knock your New Year’s Eve plans out of the park? The time is now to plan your celebration in Wine Country with sparkling wine, dinner at one of our local fine dining restaurants and a relaxing stay at Chehalem Ridge B&B. When you book a room with us over New Year’s Eve, your stay will include a bottle of Argyle Brut for your midnight toasting. And because we know you might be up late, sleep in on the first day of 2019 and enjoy our renowned breakfast offered later in the morning and a later check-out time. BTW, since New Year’s Eve is on a Monday this year, it’s a perfect time to make it a long weekend.
Start you celebration with wine tasting at one of the many wineries that will be open on December 31. Most of them are closing early, around 3 or 4, so plan accordingly. Good options we know to be open include Vidon, a boutique winery where you’ll taste among the barrels and Furioso, with its brand new tasting room and cozy fireplace. Nearly all valley wineries are closed January 1.
For your special New Year’s Eve dinner, we have many fine-dining restaurants that are taking reservations now for this celebratory evening. We can help you connect with driving services for the night.
- Ruddick/Wood is a happening spot located on the main drag in downtown Newberg. They will be offering a prix-fixe menu on NYE, and with a tavern attached to the dining room, you can head straight on over and dance the night away to the tunes of The Big North Duo, playing an acoustic set of bluegrass, country and swing.
- The Joel Palmer House in Dayton is a family owned and operated restaurant with a delightful & inventive coursed menu. The beautiful setting and elegant service of this restaurant will impress you, but the inventive dishes they serve, revolving around truffles and wild mushrooms, will blow you away.
- The Dundee Bistro, a restaurant created by one of Oregon’s oldest wine families – the Ponzi’s – it focuses on food made with wine in mind. For New Year’s Eve they have created a prix-fixe four-course menu for guests to enjoy, along with a curated wine pairing list. Some of their house-made pasta is on the menu!
- Also in Dundee, you’ll find intriguing flavors, like their famous roast duck, that Tina’s Restaurant brings to classic Northwest cuisine. Enjoy a special four-course meal at this lovely little romantic spot that’s been catering to wine-loving foodies since 1991.
- For an elegant dining experience you won’t soon forget, make reservations at Newberg’s The Painted Lady. Oregon’s only Forbe’s Four Star fine dining restaurant serves outstanding prix-fixe 7 course dinners, with an extra-special menu for New Year’s Eve.
- If a party is more your style, head to 503 Uncorked in Sherwood where the Nate Botsford Band and DJ Burn will be ringing in the new year with a dessert bar from The Hungry Hero. Be sure to plan to wear your Vintage Bling for this party.
To experience something different for New Year’s Eve this year, start 2019 off right and call us right now. We’ll be tucked up high in the Chehalem Mountains, waiting for you.
by Liz Bethell